Friday, October 28, 2011

The Bat Cave

Our house has become a bat cave!


Just like the Spooky Spider Web, this idea is courtesy of Dana at MADE.  And just like the Spooky Spider Web, this project is simple, inexpensive, and makes a big impression. 


Last night, using black cardstock leftover from my days of stamping and card-making, and the bat template (found here), I spent about 30 minutes cutting out the bats while watching Mad Men (a recent discovery via Netflix...love it!).  This morning Bailey helped me hang them up in the living room.  Our bats are flying in through the window above the front door. 


Spooktacular!  Bailey loves them because they are spooky, but not scary.  After Halloween, it'll be a piece of cake to take them down and save them for next year.  Only 3 days until Halloween...are you ready?

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about doing something similar on the wall near our mantle. I LOVE the way your bats seem to be flying in from the window. Such a fun and relatively easy way to decorate for Halloween without being too scary. Thanks for the link to the template too. Now I don't have to make my own. ;)

    ReplyDelete