Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Easiest Dress You'll Ever Make


This little dress is known around the craft and sewing world as "the pillowcase dress."  Pillowcase dresses are very popular at the moment and now I know why.  This is hands down the easiest piece of clothing I've ever made and since it uses less than one yard of fabric, it's also one of the cheapest. 


I threw this one together for Bailey during one of Jake's afternoon naps using this pattern and photo tutorial at Little Big Girl Studio for reference.  Next time I'll cut the armholes just a smidge bigger.  I used a piece of orange ribbon for the tie, but I have plans to switch it out for a hot pink ribbon as soon as Halloween is over. 

2 comments:

  1. Never thought of using this pattern at Halloween--cool climate! this would be perfect for us with a turtleneck and tights underneath. thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Your daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete