Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Recipe Round-up

Over the past few weeks, we've tried a number of new recipes that are definitely worth sharing!  Of course, I never think to take photos until after the fact, so all photos are courtesy of the original sites where I discovered the recipes.

 
First up is a fantastic dessert recipe called Eclair Pie from Real Mom Kitchen.  I made this for a cookout at my sister's house a few weekends ago.  It got rave reviews from everyone who tried it!  Graham crackers, vanilla pudding, chocolate frosting...all the flavors of a chocolate eclair in one simple, delicious dessert.  What's not to love?


My family loves NFL football.  To us, there is nothing better than watching some Colts or Cowboys football on a chilly fall day while chowing down on a big bowl of chili.  During this year's preseason football, I had decided that this would be the year that I would find "the perfect chili."  I started compiling a list of recipes to try every other Sunday throughout the NFL season until I found one that my family loved.  Well, it's only the end of Week 4 and my search is complete.  This chili recipe by the Pioneer Woman is now the official football-Sunday chili in our household.  My husband enjoys his with crackers, while Bailey and I prefer Frito Chili Pie.  Leftovers get mixed with mac and cheese a day or so later for some yummy Chili Mac.  The Colts may go 0-16 this year, but at least we'll have great chili!


This Egg Tostada Frittata from Cassie Craves has become one of my go-to meals for a busy weeknight when I find I'm running short on time.  This is a great alternative to plain old bacon and scrambled eggs that I typically serve for "brinner" (breakfast for dinner).  The bacon and green chiles cooking together smell amazing and this is a great way to use up the last of a bag of Fritos when all of your delicious chili is gone.  I usually serve my refried beans on the side.  I was doubtful about the egg and bean combo, but it's actually really tasty.

Ok, all of this talk about food has made me hungry.  Time to go heat up some leftover chili!

1 comment:

  1. I've got Chili on my menu this week, and I might just have to try that Pioneer Woman recipe. It looks SO good! I also love Cassie's blog, and can't believe I missed the Egg Tostada Frittata. That sounds amazing! We're actually having bacon and eggs for dinner tonight, and I'm wishing I had all the ingredients for this dish instead!

    ReplyDelete